Paleo Granola Recipe
Recipe courtesy of TastesOfLizzyT.com
Here’s a nutty, crunchy, paleo granola recipe baked in coconut oil and sweetened with dates. Serve this sugar-free recipe as a snack or for breakfast. 😍
Prep Time 10 mins
Cook Time 25 mins
Total Time 35 mins
Make sure to log this appropriately as the calories are high and you don’t want to overdo it.
Servings: 14 (1/2 cups)
Calories: 423 cal per serving
- 1 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup raw sunflower seeds (unsalted, not in shells)
- 1 cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 cup sliced almonds (unsalted)
- 2 cups chopped pecans (unsalted)
- 20 pitted dates (chopped finely)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- dash 👌 of salt* (optional)
Here is something that I did that was different:
-I soaked the nuts and seeds for 24 hours prior to roasting to allow for easier digestion.
This is me just rinsing them after I allowed them to soak:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Melt the coconut oil and pour it into a small bowl. Add the cinnamon, vanilla, and salt (if none of the nuts are salted, I recommend a dash of salt). Stir well. 😉
- Pour the oil mixture over the dry mixture and stir to combine and evenly coat.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet* and bake for 20 minutes. Stir, then bake an additional 5 minutes. 😍
- Allow the granola to cool completely, then store it in an airtight container.
- This recipe makes about 7 cups of granola.
Here is how I enjoyed the first cup:
*If any of the nuts or seeds you buy are salted, you will not want to add additional salt. Add salt to taste if the ingredients are unsalted.
The calories shown are based on the recipe making 7 cups of granola, with 1 serving being 1/2 cup. Since different brands of ingredients have different nutritional information, the calories shown are just an estimate.
**We are not dietitians and recommend you seek a nutritionist for exact nutritional information.**
Calories: 423kcal | Carbohydrates: 36g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Sodium: 19mg | Potassium: 495mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 65IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 2mg