It’s me, your Trainer and the little birdie on your shoulder encouraging you to stay on track today. If you’re in the tri state area and the snow has slowed you down, recognize that home days have two faces. They’re great because they allow us to take advantage of some much needed rest; provide safety, shelter, and family time.
They’re dangerous because home is the place where food, our sofas, and reality TV have voices and they all want an equal amount of our attention. Don’t let this rest day sabotage your many days, weeks, and months of making good food and exercise choices.
Here are 5 tips to help you stick to the plan today!
- Eat balanced meals that include fiber and help you to feel satisfied
- Drink water (warm or cold) to avoid dehydration
- Don’t walk around with bum clothing on all day, when you look nice you feel better, and make better choices
- Get outside, even if it’s just a neighborhood walk
- Read a good book and/or movie to keep your mind occupied by thoughts other than food
My book choice for today is Richard Branson’s Losing My Virginity, How I Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way.
My movie, Meet Joe Black with Actor Brad Pitt (I love this movie because it’s a reminder that we should make every day as meaningful as possible).. If you haven’t seen it, take a peek http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtbeIgrSHNA