- Garlic is one of the most valuable and versatile foods on the planet. Garlic belongs to the Allium family of vegetables which also includes onions, chives, shallots and leeks.
- The bulbs are one of the richest sources of potassium, iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, zinc, andselenium.
- The Garlic is used medicinally for its anti-microbial, anti-cancer, anti-diabetic, and immune boosting and cholesterol-lowering properties. This natural antibiotic is effective against toxic bacteria, viruses, and fungus.
- Drinking lemon juice or eating a few slices of lemon will stop bad garlic breath.
- Allicin is the most potent substance found in garlic and this has been shown to not onlylower blood pressure, insulin and triglyceride levels in laboratory animals fed a sugar rich diet, but also to prevent weight gain.
Fun Fact: European beliefs once considered garlic a powerful ward against demons, werewolves, and vampires. To ward off vampires, garlic could be worn, hung in windows or rubbed on chimneys and keyholes.