- Like many other berries, cranberries are a source of ellagic acid, an antioxidant which protects against cancer and prevents DNA mutation.
- Cranberry juice has been shown to not only alleviate the symptoms of, but to completely clear up UTIs (Urinary Tract Infections). This is due to the acidity of cranberries which lower the pH of urine, and is also due to the compounds in the berry which prevent bacteria from sticking to the walls of the urinary tract.
- These nutritious berries contain flavonoids which have potent antioxidant abilities and help to protect cells from the damage that cancer causing free radicals may cause.
- All the Phytonutrients combine (including flavonoids) to make cranberries an inflammation fighter. Cranberries fight off inflammation in our gums, stomach, colon, blood vessels, and more!
- Inflammation and Oxidative Stress can put our heart health in grave danger. Cranberries contain phytonutrients and antioxidants which protect heart health.
- Proanthocyanidine which is a compound found in cranberries help prevent plaque from forming on teeth.
- Drinking cranberry juice every day may increase HDL cholesterol (the good cholesterol) levels.
- Cranberries may help prevent the growth of tumors.
*Fun Fact: Cranberries contain small pockets of air within the berry which makes them able to bounce and float in water (the process of harvesting).