- Great for the lymphatic system, apple cider vinegar helps to break up mucus throughout the body and cleanse the lymph nodes.
- This vinegar is rich in natural enzymes that can help rid your body of candida — yeasts that are attributed to thrush in humans. Candida is also blamed for creating symptoms of fatigue, poor memory, sugar cravings, and yeast infections.
- ACV may help reduce heartburn.
- Daily diluted intake of acetic acid, a main ingredient in ACV can be attributed to limited but significant weight-loss.
- During these super-hot and sunny months, sunburn happens, add 1 cup of apple cider vinegar to your bath, and soak for 10 minutes to eliminate discomfort from sunburn.
Summer Chicken Stir Fry
1 head cauliflower
¼ cup coconut aminos¼ cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
1 Tablespoon coconut nectar
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
2 Tablespoons organic chicken broth
3 teaspoons sesame oil, divided
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breasts
8 oz. snow peas, halved lengthwise diagonally
1 bunch green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
1. Wash cauliflower, discard the leaves, and chop into small pieces. Grate the pieces with a food processor. In a large skillet heat the coconut oil over medium. Add the shredded cauliflower. Sauté for about 5 minutes, until tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve as you would traditional rice.
2. Combine coconut aminos, mirin, coconut nectar, apple cider vinegar and chicken broth in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Heat a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add chicken breasts to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Transfer to a cutting board; cool slightly. Cut into 1-inch slices.
3. Return pan to medium-high heat; add remaining 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil to pan. Add snow peas and onions; sauté 2 minutes. Add coconut amino mixture and chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes or until liquid is syrupy and chicken is thoroughly heated, stirring frequently. Place 1 cup rice in each of 4 shallow bowls; top each serving with 1 cup chicken mixture.