- One serving consists of about 8 medium sized strawberries.
- One serving of strawberries has more Vitamin C than one Orange.
- Has a lot Potassium which, among other benefits, helps muscle contractions and maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- High in Folic Acid which is a B-Vitamin that the body needs to make red blood cells.
- High in Nitrate which helps to increase blood flow (and oxygen flow) to the muscles.(this helps to also burn more calories)
- Low in calories and fat free.
- When eaten on a consistent basis, strawberries have been shown to help reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
1 cup water
1 fresh or frozen medium banana
1 cup fresh or frozen strawberries
1 cup spinach, kale, or other leafy green
1 tablespoon dried and powdered down mint leaves, or 6-8 fresh mint leaves
A tsp. of honey, maple syrup, or stevia to sweeten (optional)
1 tablespoon flax or chia seeds
An additional cup of the leafy green veggie you chose
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon maca
1 serving of your preferred protein and/or green superfood powder
Place all of the ingredients into your high-speed blender and blend away for around 30-45 seconds or until nice and smooth.
Calories: 158; Fat: 1g; Protein: 3g;Carbohydrates: 39g; Fiber: 7g; Sugar: 22g