- Eating Corn during pregnancy has been found to help prevent some birth defects of spine and brain.
- Eating corn on a consistent basis has been shown to help ward off the risk of Alzheimer’s
- High in Fiber which can help alleviate constipation and other digestive problems.
- High in minerals like manganese which can help prevent the formation of free radicals, which can cause cancer.
- Corn oil has been proven to lower bad cholesterol levels this reducing the risk for heart disease.
Fun Fact:*Corn is grown on every continent except Antarctica.
3 cups fresh corn kernels
2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss corn and oil to coat and spread out on a large baking sheet.
- Bake, stirring once, until some kernels begin to brown.
- Combine basil, shallots, vinegar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Add vinaigrette mixture to corn, toss to coat.
Serve warm or cold
Nutrition Per Serving:
Sat Fat: 1g