- Broccoli is a low calorie food which keeps us feeling satiated longer than many other foods
- When we think of Vitamin C the first thing that may come to mind is citrus fruits, however, broccoli is an EXCELLENT source of Vitamin C, one serving contains 60% if the recommended daily value.
- Choose bunches which are darker green because these have more Vitamin C and Beta-Carotene than those that are lighter in color.
- The cooking process plays an important role in the nutrient content, When Broccoli is boiled or fried it loses its nutritional power. Try steaming broccoli, that way it won’t taste bitter but will still be a power house of nutrients.
- One ounce of broccoli has as much calcium as an ounce of milk.
Fun Fact:The overall consumption of broccoli has increased over 900% in the last 20 years. The average American now eats about 4 pounds of Broccoli a year
· 1 Broccoli crown, chopped
- · 6 Eggs
- · 1 Jalapeño, chopped
- · 3-5 mushrooms, chopped
- · 1-2tbs coconut oil
1.Scramble eggs in bowl
2.Chop up vegetables
3.Oil bottom of muffin tray well
4.Pour eggs into muffin tray
5.Drop in vegetables (Don’t over fill)
6.Bake at 350 for 15-20 min
Serving size Per Recipie: 6 “Muffins”
Nutrition Facts Per Serving: