- One cup of cooked Zucchini = 1 serving
- One serving has more than 50% of the RDA of Vitamin A for both men and women which is necessary to the health of our eyes and skin
- Has Potassium which helps our body maintain a healthy blood pressure and keep fluid balance.
- One serving of Zucchini contains about 20% of the RDA of Manganese, a mineral which our body needs to (among other things) produce clotting factors in the blood as well as sex hormones
- One serving of Zucchini contains approximately 10% of the RDA of fiber which keeps food moving through the digestive tract
- Zucchini has almost all of the B vitamins packed into it. B Vitamins are essential to growth and metabolism
Prep Time: 6 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3/4 cup)
1 teaspoon olive oil
3 1/2 cups cubed zucchini (about 1 pound)
1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini and corn; cook, stirring occasionally, 7 to 8 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
Remove from heat, and stir in cilantro and remaining ingredients.
Calories from fat: 23%
Saturated fat: 0.2g
Mono fat: 0.9g