- One cup of mangoes fulfills almost half of the daily requirement for Vitamin A, which is important for bone development and vision
- One cup satisfies ALL of the daily requirements for Vitamin C, which is crucial for the immune system
- Mangoes contain Tryptophan which produces a soothing comfortable feeling in our body
- Eating mangoes regularly helps make the hair shinier and facial complexion clearer
- The Vitamin C in mangoes helps absorb iron from vegetables, this helps prevent anemia in vegetarians
Raspberry, Avocado & Mango Salad
1 1/2 cups fresh raspberries, divided
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
1 small clove garlic, coarsely chopped
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8 cups mixed salad greens
1 ripe mango, diced
1 small ripe avocado, diced
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
Puree 1/2 cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
Combine greens, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl.
Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat.
Divide the salad among 5 salad plates.
Top each with the remaining raspberries.
Nutrition Per serving:
16 g Fat
2 g Sat
12 g Mono
0 mg Cholesterol
21 g Carbohydrates
3 g Protein
8 g Fiber
82 mg Sodium
613 mg Potassium