- Well known for its antioxidants. a quality which helps to prevent tissue damage.
- High in Vitamin C, Manganese and Potassium
- High in Dietary Fiber.
- Low in Sugar and Calories.
- Eating Raspberries (as well as other fruit) may help prevent diseases which casue vision loss.
- Contains Xylitol which can help your theeth.
Fun Fact: Raspberries are a member of the Rose family
Raspberry, Avocado, and Mango Salad
- 1 ½ cups of fresh raspberries, divided
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 small clove of garlic, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 ripe mango, diced
- 1 small ripe avocado, diced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup toasted chopped hazelnuts, or sliced almonds (optional)
Puree ½ cup raspberries, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a blender until combined.
Combine green, mango, avocado and onion in a large bowl.
Pour the dressing on top and gently toss to coat.
Top with remaining raspberries and sprinkle with nuts.
Nutritional Facts, Per serving 5 servings.