- Cauliflower helps maintain balance in the three systems of the body (detox system, antioxidant system and anti-inflammatory system) which, if not nourished, will exacerbate a person’s chance of various forms of cancer.
- High in dietary fiber which lends a helping hand to our body’s Digestive System
- It can help the lining of your stomach because the sulphurophane prevents an over of bacterium’s to your stomach wall
- If you don’t like fish oil (a source of Omega 3) eating cauliflower may be very beneficial and will provide you with a good source of Vitamin K and Omega 3. The mos prevalent benefits of these vitamins lies with the Cardiovascular system
Fun Fact: White Cauliflower is white because the leaves cover the “flower”, thus shielding it from sunlight. Without sunlight photosynthesis cannot happen and Chlorophyll (the pigment which colors plants) is not produced
Here’s what you need:
- 2 organic, free range chicken breasts
- 1 (28oz) can diced, fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (4oz) can green chiles, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 head cauliflower, shredded
- 32 oz organic, free range chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- dash of sea salt and pepper
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 avocados
- Tajin seasoning for garnish
- Combine all of the ingredients, except the cilantro, avocado and tajin, in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the slow cooker. Shred with a fork and then return to the slow cooker.
- Garnish each bowl with a sprinkle of cilantro, a few slices of avocado and a dash of tajin. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 178 calories, 11g fat, 414mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, and 25g protein.