- Apples have no cholesterol, fat or sodium.
- One medium sized apple contain pectin, a soluble fiber. One apple has approximately 7% of the RDV of fiber (based on a 2,000 calorie diet).
- Studies show that eating apples on a regular basis can reduce the risk for lung cancer and heart disease.
- Quercetin a flavonoid particularly high in Red Delicious apples, has been shown to have a positive impact on those suffering from Type 2 diabetes
- Contains several compounds which act as antioxidants. These help our body fight cancer causing fee radicals
Fun Fact II: 2,500 varieties of apples are grown in the US 7,500 varieties are grown around the world.
10 cups freshly made apple juice
10 whole cloves
8 cinnamon stick
8 whole cardamom pods
4 Chinese star anise
2-inch chunk fresh ginger
1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
1 orange, sliced thinly
Dash of sea salt
Place all ingredients except for the orange slices into a large pot over low-medium heat. Let warm for 20 minutes – boiling is not necessary. After 15 minutes, add in the orange slices to cook for the remaining 5.
Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g 0%
Sodium 30mg 1%
Carbohydrates 4g 1%