- Soluble fiber in figs called Pectin, help reduce blood sugar.
- When applied to the skin, baked figs can help cure inflammations such as abscesses and ulcers
- Figs can help in relieving constipation because of its laxative affect
- Rich in calcium, figs can be a natural therapeutic treatment for people with dairy allergies
- Rich in fiber, figs are very effective in weight loss.
Fun Fact: Figs are believed to have been the first agricultural plants grown by humans!
- 2 bananas (frozen, peeled and chopped)
- 6 figs (fresh, halved)
- 3/4 cup milk (or coconut milk)
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- Place the bananas, figs, milk, and orange juice into a blender. Cover, and puree until smooth. Pour into glasses to serve.
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrates: 70g
Dietary Fiber: 8g