- Why, you may ask, are blackberries such a rich dark color? It’s because of the anthocyanins, potent antioxidants which keeps our urinary tract healthy, helps us age well and maintains healthy memory function
- High in Ellagic acid which has been shown to reduce the tumors associated with some cancers.
- The salicylic acid in blackberries is a similar compound to the active ingredient in aspirin and can have effects against atherosclerosis in the same way that aspirin does.
- 1 cup of blackberries contains 6g of fiber which helps push waste through our intestines.
- Blackberries are a good source of vitamins A&C. It is also a good source for potassium.
Fun Fact! The study of blackberries is known as “Batology”. There are over 1,000 known species of blackberries.
Blackberry Lemonade Popsicle
- 1 c Fresh Blackberries
- 4 Tbsp. Water
- 2 Tbsp. Amber Agave Nectar
- 1½ c Organic Lemonade
- Puree blackberries with 4 tablespoons of water
- Add 3 tablespoons of Agave Nectar
- Mix blackberry puree with 2 cups of organic lemonade
- Pour into Popsicle form.
- Wait 4-6 hours, or until completely froze
Total Fat: 0
Saturated Fat: 0
Trans Fat: 0
Total Carbohydrates: 9g
Dietary Fiber: 2g