Finally, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Slowly the stats are changing, COVID research is happening, testing sites have increased, death rates are down, and a few states have allowed businesses to reopen.
This is exciting news, right? It means that we are improving. It means that after so many weeks of being in quarantine, we will get to reconnect. We’ll get to feed that part of us that wants and needs human interaction. But of course, that connection also comes with some risk.
Most of us agree that COVID-19 has not only rocked our economy, it has rocked our worlds. And, as a result, we are all much more cautious of how many times a day we wash our hands, who is standing too close to us, and whether the surfaces that we are touching have been sanitized.
So, when Kinetics reopens its doors (which, although Governor Murphy has not given a date yet, I personally expect will be somewhere around the middle or end of May), we will do EVERYTHING POSSIBLE to keep us all healthy and safe!
If you scroll to the bottom of this email, you will notice that I have created a list of COVID-19 Safety promises. Just below that I have also asked a few things of you that I believe will positively add to our safety net.
But, I think that we can agree that my list is just that, my list. And, as I was compiling it, it dawned on me that I should ask you what specific facility safety protocols you would like to see in place when we reopen.
You see, I am clear that, together, we are what gives Kinetics and Kinetics Flow life, energy, and vitality. So, I would like to hear from you. What would make you feel COVID-19 safe?
Our promise to keep you safe:
We are using a combination of state and industry protocols to establish and maintain safety.
Social distancing: we are preparing for a soft opening which means that we will open in stages.
- Stage one:
- Kinetics Fitness will reopen
- Services will include personal training and small group training with groups capped at five people
- All Kinetics Flow classes will remain virtual
- Stage two:
- Kinetics Flow will reopen
- Services will include personal training, small groups capped at ten people at Kinetics Fitness and small groups at Kinetics Flow with groups capped at five people
- Virtual training will remain in place for those who feel more comfortable training from home
- Lobby areas will remain closed
- Workout spaces will be measured and marked out on the floor
- Deep clean: the facilities will be deep cleaned once per week
- At the close of every shift: studios will be sanitized
- In between client usage: equipment and accessories will be cleaned
- Courtesies that we unfortunately can no longer provide include towels and mats
- Hand sanitizer will be required before and after using the check-in tablet at the front desk
- As a staff we will wash our hands often and will encourage you to do the same
- All clients will be required to wear a face mask when entering the building
- Workouts will be monitored and adjusted to ensure that everyone training can maintain appropriate breathing with the mask on
Hygiene: we will take a three-part approach to maintaining cleanliness
Usage of face masks: at this point it appears that face masks will be required by law once we reopen. If it is required, we of course will adhere to the requirement.
What we are asking of you:
- Your patience and understanding as we do our best to keep everyone healthy and safe
- Help with ensuring that all equipment and accessories used by you is sanitized after you have used it
- Maintain excellent personal hygiene by washing your hands often
- Respect social distancing to keep yourself and those around you safe
As a staff we continue the thank you for helping us keep the wheels of the studio turning; and we look forward to seeing your beautiful faces again soon.
Reminder: do let us know what safety protocols that you would like to see in place.